7/10/07

About Kelly


I was born in St Louis and raised in Texas, the only child of James Clark & Erlann Adams Clark (both born in Oklahoma). I attended New College in Sarasota, and then went on to Rochester Institute of Technology’s School for American Crafts for my MFA in Ceramics. I have been splitting my time between teaching/making pottery and a part-time job at Barnes & Noble (they pay for my health-care and subsidize my book habit) for over 10 years now. By the time I finished my degree here in Rochester, Adam had a good job at the local med school, and we decided to stick around for a while. We bought a house last summer, and have been fixing it up ever since. It was built in 1930 and is really lovely, BUT it seems like there’s always something needs doing. Plus I’m still trying to eradicate all traces of the previous owner (she had an overwhelming fondness for mint green paint). My big job at the house is the yard, which is an amazing English Garden. It takes a ridiculous amount of time and energy to maintain that overgrown floral splendor (no small feat for someone who once managed to kill a Ficus tree). I’ll include pictures occasionally so you can see how the seasons progress. For more info on my work, there is a link to the right that will take you to my personal website.

No comments: