EEP! It's Spring!

Egads, when did that happen?!

This is a tree that I pass by between the parking lot and my office. We've had a very short and not particularly cold winter, and since the time change means more sunlight after 5 o'clock, I've been able to walk outside instead of using the tunnels to get around on campus. I'm looking forward to seeing more of this tree over the next month or so, and maybe even the rabbits that hang out in its vicinity.

Today was the first weekend day that was warm and dry enough to get out and start clearing the winter debris from the garden, so I got to work. One passing neighbor wished me a "Happy First Day of Spring", and I have to say it came as a shock. Not that she spoke to me (because she usually does), but that it really was the first day of spring. My garden is running about a month ahead of schedule, so I'm already behind!

In other news:

My job is going well. I've been there for just over a year now, and I'm still so glad I made the jump. My boss is out on maternity leave, so I'm looking forward to getting some time off when she returns in June...

Adam has been absolutely swamped with work, so much so that we haven't had much time for working on his new office space. We're getting some new windows installed in a couple of weeks, so perhaps that will motivate us to put in the finishing touches... we're so close!

Mom is doing well, recovering her spirit. She's seeming much more like her old self lately. Daddy has retired again, and taken off on a tour of unpronounceable locations in southeast Asia.

I believe I may have mentioned in the past that every time the Mr. goes out of town, Mother Nature takes a swipe at me. Usually it's a major snowstorm, a blackout, a flooded basement, a bat invasion... this time, she ran under the wheels of my car. I hit my first animal last night... a skunk. OF COURSE it would be a skunk! I did manage to come to a stop, so I didn't hit him very hard. I was pretty traumatized at the moment, but since I was on a highway ramp, I figured I needed to move on. As I drove away, I saw him in my rearview mirror, running off into the bushes. I'm guessing he was OK in spite of the incredible stink he left on my car. I felt so sorry for the poor kid at the car wash this morning...

No comments: