1/14/09

Happy New Year!



Well, sorry about the long silence, but things have been a bit hectic with getting back in gear after the holidays. If you don't work in retail, you probably don't realize that the weeks immediately AFTER Christmas are almost as exhausting as the weeks immediately BEFORE. Except that the volume of returns means that profits are lagging and payroll has to be reduced accordingly. And then there are all those people who are so angry that you actually expect them to read the return policy on the receipt, or even expect them to have a receipt at all. What can we be thinking??? Boy - I won't miss that bit...

Which leads me to the main reason I've been so quiet, and the "Happy" part of the year to date... I've just accepted a position in the Office of Advancement at our major local University! No, not the one I attended. THAT would be sheer torture. The other one. So raise your glass and three cheers and all that! I've been job-hunting for nearly two years, and this is exactly the thing I've been hoping to get into. I haven't mentioned much about this process, because it hasn't been a pleasurable one. Downright daunting if I'm honest. Our local economy wasn't booming to begin with, and the slide in the economy at large hasn't been helping. Perhaps not the best time to make a career transition. But this week, I can heave a great sigh of relief. What a load off!

Yippeee!!!

1 comment:

Chloe said...

OMG! The University is so lucky! Yey Kelly! Yey! Sorry it's late & I can't come up with a better congratulations than that, but Yey! Cheers & Hugs all around! xo