2/8/09

Nose to the Grindstone

Thanks so much for all of your kind wishes and congratulations!

Everyone keeps asking, "How's the new job?" and after only two weeks, I'm not entirely sure how to respond. It's been a novel experience to say the least. I hesitate to say "I love it!", but there's really nothing to complain about. It's neither glamorous nor particularly thrilling, but how many people can honestly say those things about their 9-5?

I'm learning new stuff every day and THAT makes me happy. I can see paths of personal advancement branching out from where I stand, and THAT is reassuring. The small things I do on a daily basis help bring funds to the school, which improves the educational opportunities for our students, which ultimately improves their lives (and, one hopes, the lives they touch).

Idealistic, I know, and that the halo effect will probably wear off. But for the first time in my memory, I don't find myself wishing I didn't have to go to work. Like I said, novel.

No comments: